Thursday 15 September 2011

Did I invent this?

I might be wrong but I think I may be the first person to do this. i know there are dungeon poymorphs and dungeon dice, but a D20 that is a dungeon?

Anyway.

I love the idea of the Underdark and I love the idea of dungeons in 3d. I also really like the idea of a place where the dimensions curl back on themselves out of sight. But how can you make that without some weird expensive software that only the DM can use?



Go here and download a model of your favourite Polyhedra*.



Draw a dungeon on it. Make sure to connect up all the bits.



Even if you just use a pyramid shape, you have just created a space-bending dungeon that cannot be mapped in two dimensions.

If you want to keep it simple then make it top down only. I included top down, cross-cut and isometric figures in mine.

So now you can create a 3d dungeon for pennies.



I think I made mine a bit too complex, how the hell am I going to fill it?

Anyway, thanks Jeff Vandermeer, if I ever get to put players in this thing, this is where the Grey Caps will go

(*And I know you have a favourite)

2 comments:

  1. I am creeping through your old posts because I am procrastinating Big Time, and I wanted to know what you thought of VanderMeer's Ambergris stuff past City of Saints and Madmen, assuming you've read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent read them for a while but I liked 'Shriek - An Afterword' and 'Finch'. I kind of lost track of him after that as my reading habits changed.

      Delete